Eighty years ago, the people of China rallied together to fight a ruthless invader – another in a long line of invaders. For a brief moment, the post-revolutionary squabbles that followed the end of the imperial line were put aside to defend the nation. But that is just one possible timeline. History is not fixed, and Paradox offers you the chance to change it once again with the release of Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger on March 8.
Waking the Tiger is the next expansion for Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling World War II grand strategy wargame. With new focus trees, revised battle systems and new alternate historical paths for the major Axis powers, Waking the Tiger will shake idle generals from their slumber:
Game Director Dan Lind and friends explain what’s coming in Waking the Tiger
Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger includes:
- Chinese National Focuses: Divided and under threat, China has great reserves of manpower and diplomatic flexibility.
- Chain of Command: Unite your armies under a field marshal who can take advantage of the many skills of the generals under his direction.
- Decisions and Missions: Historical decisions and national missions give you new places to spend Political Power, as you deal with domestic politics or start special projects.
- General Traits and Abilities: Generals’ traits can now unlock powerful Command Power abilities, allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- Updated Axis Focus Trees: Alternate historical paths for the German Reich and Imperial Japan, including parliamentary rule in Japan and the return of the Kaiser to Germany.
- Acclimatization: Over time, troops will learn how to survive in the desert or harsh winters, giving these veterans an edge on the battlefield.
- And More: Capturing battlefield equipment, and a revitalized air war system that has room for Volunteer air wings.
- Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger will be available on March 8, 2018, and, as usual, the release will be accompanied by a free major update for all Hearts of Iron players.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.