If you are an old school gamer who prefers his games in physical form, or simply a huge fan of Rome 2 Total War, then this just might be the right thing for you!
Total War: ROME II – Enemy at the Gates is the definitive edition of ROME II. It includes the original game and its greatest expansion packs, allowing you to immerse yourself in the multi award-winning strategy classic and forge an empire that will echo throughout history.
WHERE CAN I GET IT?
Total War: ROME II – Enemy at the Gates Edition is available from select physical retailers in certain territories around the world, and features brand-new box art by Marius Kozik. Please check with your favourite stockist for details.
Included as part of the Enemy at the Gates Edition is:
- Total War: ROME II – The award-winning PC strategy game. At its heart lies the Grand Campaign, an epic campaign map that stretches from the tip of Scotland to the sands of North Africa; from the coast of Portugal to the Middle East. Beginning in the year 272BC, players pick a famous faction of the ancient world and guide it towards domination. ROME II also supports co-op campaign multiplayer and head-to-head multiplayer battles.
It also includes the following campaign expansion packs:
- The Imperator Augustus Campaign Expansion Pack – Set in 42BC during the chaotic aftermath of Julius Caesar’s betrayal and grisly murder, the Imperator Augustus Campaign Pack puts players at the outbreak of one of the bloodiest civil wars ever fought. The republic remains whole but its soul is divided as Gaius Octavian, Marc Antony, and Lepidus – the members of the Second Triumvirate – hold the future of Rome in the palms of their hands.
- The Hannibal at the Gates Campaign Expansion Pack – Dropping you into the Western Mediterranean at the outbreak of the 2nd Punic War, Hannibal at the Gates features a new campaign map focused on the period that brought the ancient-world superpowers of Rome and Carthage to all-out war. One of the most famous in history, the conflict demonstrated the tactical genius of great rival generals Scipio and Hannibal. Can you recreate their remarkable strategies, or can you do better? How will you change history?
- The Empire Divided Campaign Expansion Pack – The year is 270 AD. A string of inept emperors and usurpers vying for power has led the Roman Empire into near-total economic collapse. This is its gravest crisis yet. Eager to capitalise on Rome’s instability, barbarian tribes gather like a storm on the borders, to plunder the riches of civilisation. To the east, the Sassanids set out on a grand conquest that culminates with an assault against Roman lands. They are held back only by a staunch defence led by Palmyra. Queen Zenobia holds fast – but for how long?
Additionally, the Enemy at the Gates Edition includes the latest updates to the ROME II base game and DLCs from the get-go:
- The Power & Politics Update – Completely overhauls ROME II’s politics system and adds a variety of new political actions for your campaign. Your party can gain influence and political support by completing missions and winning victories on the battlefield. The re-worked system enables the player to have a direct impact on campaign gameplay through their political actions.
- The Ancestral Update – Introducing the fan-favourite Family Tree, the Ancestral Update offers new ways to interact with – and manipulate – the characters in your faction. This update also updates ROME II’s visuals in many areas and contains a huge number of tweaks and improvements to the core game.
Enemy at the Gates contains all free feature updates since the game’s release in 2013, which includes bug fixes, balancing, Twitch.tv integration, touchscreen, and Mac compatibility.
Will you defend the great city of Rome, or tear down her mighty walls?