I recently had the chance to play a preview version of Panzer Corps 2 (preview article and video coming very soon!) and had a blast (oops, spoiler alert!) Today, I got an Email from Slitherine about the 48 hour exclusive access to the Pre-order Beta of Panzer Corps 2 which is coming out on 19th of March, asking me what would I do with 48 hours of free gaming time?
This is what the Slitherine folks would do:
- Complete every possible ending of Mass Effect 3, including the as yet undiscovered full-chastity ending with no sex flings
- Beat the single player campaigns in Call of Duty Black Ops, Black Ops 2, 3, 4, Infinite Warfare, WWII and (if we’re willing to skip lunches) Ghosts and Modern Warfare
- Unlock the Career Criminal Achievement/Trophy in GTA V
- Collect all 100 Feathers in Assassin’s Creed II – admit it, you’ve left this quest unfinished since 2009 too!
- Fully explore five planets and two moons on the 18 quintillion available in No Man’s Sky
- Watch the two hour-long Death Stranding ending sequence 20 times in a row to try and fully understand Kojima’s philosophy and teaching
- Speed-run Metroid Prime 48 times to enter into the Guinness Book of World Records
- Kill the Nameless King in Dark Soul 3, narrowly resisting the urge to destroy our joypad
- Creating a character in Pillars of Eternity II – would the Costal Aumaua Barbarian Berserker be the best hero, or maybe we should try that Pale Elf Chanter Troubador combination?
- Jump back in time to the golden era of videogames and finish Monkey Island 1 and 2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (all of which are available for few Euros/Pounds/Dollars from our friends at GOG.com)Or, you could conquer Poland, Norway, France and England, defeat General Winter taking Moscow and landing your Tigers in front of Washington DC.
There are some good points on this list, but personally, and with hundreds of unplayed titles on my lists, 48 hours seem a bit underwhelming. But some of the things I might want to do – and please don’t think too harsh of me for being such a nerd in my old age:
- Finally tackle a Flight Simulator and learn how to actually fly the FF A320
- Level several of my horde alts to 120 in World of Warcraft without wearing armor. Might try to persuade Mila Kunis to give me a hand…
- Replay Fallout Tactics and record the Let’s Play videos from the first to last mission. Also think nostalgically about times when the fans rejected that game for “not being a real Fallout”.
- Mine several systems in EVE Online with three accounts while simultaneously writing my biography and drowning my tears in single malt scotch
- I just might finish my book about gaming industry that is sitting half done on the (virtual) shelf. Worth considering. If there are any publishing houses out there interested, please pull my leg. The one with the bells on.
- Finish up Fallout 1 & 2, all while rereading the Fallout Bible by Chris Avellone and wallowing in nostalgia
- Tackle Crusader Kings 2 again. I am afraid of that game. It is a worse time trap for me than Stellaris.
- Go through my GoG.com library. But that would take more like 480 hours.
- Oh, get all the Blade Runner different endings – the game has been re-released on GoG.com and I love it, despite it being quite a pixelated mess. Hell, I myself have deteriorated quite a lot in the past 25 years as well, so I shouldn’t be throwing stones
- An yeah, perhaps just get into Panzer Corps 2 and see how far I would get!
Any thoughts on your side?