STOCKHOLM — March 6, 2023 — Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher of games for all audiences, today made nine announcements over the course of the Paradox Announcement Show, including three new full games, three expansions for titles in the Paradox catalog, and three announcements from the Paradox Arc publishing initiative. All nine titles that were revealed in the show are slated for release in 2023, making this year one of Paradox’s most ambitious to date. The Crusader Kings 3 DLC is arguably among the best received announcements.
Crusader Kings III: Tours and Tournaments DLC Features
In Crusader Kings III: Tours and Tournaments, the players will be able to setup their realms to come alive with new possibilities as your realm becomes the host of great celebrations and great tournaments. Pilgrimages to holy religious sites are joined by more secular travel, including grand tours of the realm where the ruler can get a first-hand account of what is happening in their lands.
Tours and Tournaments is full of things the characters can do to increase their prestige or their abilities. Not everything is safe, but with great risk comes the potential for great renown as your character hunts large game, travels to far off lands or engages in mock combat.
Features of Crusader Kings III: Tours and Tournaments include:
- Grand Tournaments: Host a grand demonstration of feats of arms, attracting nearby nobles and wandering knights. Choose the events, set the destination and use the tournament to improve your social standing or military prowess.
- Grand Tours: Take a trip through your realm to take stock of your vassals, gifting them with your benevolence or extorting them for higher taxes.
- Grand Weddings: Save your gold for an elaborate ceremony that centers the real meaning of marriage – politics. Honor your in-laws, cater to your vassals and demonstrate your power.
- Travel System: Plan your route to these great activities, choosing safety through civilized lands or risking everything for a more direct route through dark forests or dangerous mountains. Ease your way with a large entourage that marks your importance or travel light so you can get down to business.
- Knightly Accolades: Honor your best knights with special titles and accolades that will give bonuses to them and the armies they lead.
- New Armor Designs: New historical armor designs from across the centuries, integrated with the new Tournament and Accolade systems.
- New Western Clothing: New art for clothing designs will show how fashions changed and evolved in Western Europe from the time of the Carolignians to the closing of the medieval era.
Tours and Tournaments will be released this spring, alongside a major free update available for all Crusader Kings III players. This update will include the new Activity menu with updated interactions for pilgrimages, feasts and hunts, as well as more intricate management of regency relations. Major changes to vassal relations and domain management are also included in this update.