DICE is about to release a major update for Battlefield 5, the 6.0, in preparation for the arrival of “Into the Jungle”. Chapter 6 will start on February 6th. The patch includes the map of Solomon Islands as well as new weapons and gadgets, which you can unlock via the chapter ranks.
The Battlefield 5 Update 6.0 will be released and available for download on Tuesday morning, February 4th. DICE will release the update step by step on the different platforms. Beginning at 10am on PC, at 11am the patch on PS4 will follow. At 12 noon the developers will make the update available for download on Xbox One. Around noon the update process should be completed on all platforms. Individual server downtimes are to be expected.
DICE has also already published the patch notes for the Battlefield 5 Update 6.0 – and thus all changes and new features. The main focus of the update is the new content for chapter 6, which will be launched in the first person shooter on Thursday. Players can therefore look forward to the new map of Solomon Islands, which takes them into a densely overgrown jungle. You can play the map in Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch modes.
Additionally, the update brings the three new weapons Type 11 LMG, Model 37 and M2 Carbine into play as well as two nifty gadgets, the Lunge Mine and M1A1 Bazooka. All of these can be unlocked via the chapter ranks in Battlefield 5. The patch notes for Battlefield 5 Update 6.0 also show that DICE is working on improvements to vehicles, maps, game modes and weapons. In the course of chapter 6 the update 6.2 will also be released, which allows, among other things, personalization of the tanks.
Battlefield 5 Update 6.0 Patch Notes
- New Map: Solomon Islands, available on Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch
- New Weapons: Type 11 LMG, Model 37, M2 Carbine (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
- New Gadgets: Lunge Mine, M1A1 Bazooka, (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
- Removed the impact of track disable on initial acceleration. This allows for tanks with disabled tracks to escape; however, medium and high speed performance are still heavily impacted.
- Increased the critical angle from 10 to 20 degrees to better match the visual feedback of having a good angle on an opponent. It was too difficult to tell if you were going to get a critical hit, this increases the margin.
- Increased the range of the AA and AT HMGs to match the coax.
- Fixed Panzer 4 AT round only having 4 shells.
Maps and modes
- Mercury – Players spawning on tanks will no longer unintentionally end up on foot.
- Operation Underground – Fixed a rare bug that could stop the attacking team from spawning on Breakthrough.
- Outpost – The player no longer remains stuck if the tower is destroyed while the player plants it.
- Wake Island – Decreased the number of tanks to improve map balance on Breakthrough.
- Wake Island – Players will now be able to deploy even if their squad gets wiped during the last sector on Breakthrough, while playing as the US.
Weapons & Gadgets
- Grease gun – We’ve made some subtle tweaks to the Suppressor audio to better separate it from the experience when firing the weapon unsuppressed.
- AP Mine – Fixed an issue that was causing the AP mine to not do damage to infantry in Firestorm.
The following changes have been applied to the bolt action rifles muzzle velocity on the Recon class:
- Ross Rifle: From 600 to 750
- Type 99: From 600 to 750
We’ll be performing a more substantive pass on our Weapon Balance in our next update for Assault, Medic, and Support. Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic.
UI & Others
- Spotted enemies are no longer represented as arrows on the minimap and do not show the direction (they’re now back to diamond shapes).
- An option to modify the strength of snap zoom has been added for players on Console.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the “Vehicle Buster” combat role to not unlock for some players.
- Fixed a bug that would show the Deploy screen visible on squad screen after leaving pre-round.
- Fixed the incorrect wording in the Type 2A Mastery IV assignment.
- Online server connectivity improvements that in some rare cases could drop a player from a server 30 seconds after joining it.